We need your help. Front Porch Mercantile in Lower Coverdale is hiring, and we need someone with just the right mix of experience, personality and potential. Maybe it’s you, or maybe you know someone who is the perfect fit. Here’s the scoop:
Front Porch Mercantile Assistant Manager
30 hrs/week, Wednesday – Saturday
(we may consider a part time position of 10-15 hours for the right candidate)
Job Description (Is this you?)
A Jack or Jill of all trades, with a background in customer service, a love of design, and a strange addiction to details & organization. Your day at Front Porch Mercantile is focused on serving our customers, in store and online. You’ll love being an expert on our products, most especially the lines of fabulous paint we sell for our DIY customers, and you gain satisfaction from offering guidance and colour consultations along with problem solving unique requests for our customers. You’ll love facing different challenges and opportunities every day! You’ll exercise your design skills as you stage & re-stage the store and recreate appealing vignettes and displays and a welcoming space for customers to meander through. “Downtime” will be spent on administrative jobs, studio maintenance, inventory and other retailer related tasks. We’ll provide you with a supportive, fun environment, valuable skills and experience, and the opportunity to grow with us.
Skills/Qualifications (the non-negotiables)
- A sense of humor, common sense and positive attitude. Our brand is fun, creative, professional and unique. You will be the first point of contact with our customers and we want you to reflect those qualities too.
- Previous sales and/or customer service experience. Ability to balance sales skills with people skills.
- Multi-tasker and initiative taker. You know how to prioritize multiple customers in-store and online, data entry, tracking inventory and assisting with studio tasks. You have excellent time management skills.
- Uber-organized + guts. You see how things could be done better, and you’ve got the courage to speak up with ideas for improvement. You can help others see your vision, work with a team, and make changes for the better!
- Flexibility and willingness to change as we grow and learn together. FPM is a small, relatively new business but we are growing in leaps and bounds and have big dreams and plans, and hope you’ll be excited to join our journey
- Ability to bench press 200 lbs. Kidding, but you do need to be able to lift 10 lbs regularly, up to 50 lbs occasionally, climb ladders & bend and lift decor and furnishings to help customers.
Bonus Points for any (or all) of the following:
- Design or merchandising education or experience.
- Previous retail experience.
- Buyer or vendor management experience.
- Accounting experience.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to [email protected] or dop it off in person to Front Porch Mercantile during our open hours (no calls please, we are super busy – thats why we need help) Thanks!