We LOVE our Cling On Brushes!
Like BIG heart can’t live without them true LOVE love! For real guys!
We are SUPER excited to be bringing Cling On! Brushes to Canada! They are now available here at Front Porch Mercantile and from retailers across Canada!
Buy online here
CLING ON! brushes are handmade in Holland, a superb paintbrush, especially meant for working with water based paints. Fantastic to use with all chalk, milk and acrylic paints!
We love the smooth application, how the brush holds the paint and how easy the brushes are to clean! A little soap and water and you’re done!
Round and Oval brushes are highly coveted and used by artists and DIY’ers in Europe. We are thrilled to finally have these brushes in North America!
You will love the look and feel of these brushes for re loving and reinventing your furniture!
Designed by a professional painter and handmade in Holland, they feature soft and durable DuPont synthetic filaments fully locked in epoxy cement to minimize shedding, a stainless steel ferrule and a beechwood handle. They come in 4 shapes that we LOVE:
Round, Oval, Flat and Bent and they come in lots of different sizes!!
A few highlights of Cling On Brushes
– Extremely strong… but still gentle!
-Best shape retention
-Can be used with all water based products
-Easy to clean
-Superb cutting in
-Better coverage with a smoother finish
-Fast and easy
Cling On Brush Styles
Wait until you try our bent brushes – seriously – you will be amazed and wonder how you ever painted without them. I know, they look odd and gimmicky, I get it, but they are perfect for painting in hard to reach corner and cabinets, inside drawers and awkward spots – you know those spots I mean!!
My staff and can’t work on a piece without grabbing these brushes.
I love to use the Oval Brushes for furniture painting, it is my go to for most pieces. The size of the brush depending on the size or part of the piece I’m working on. (The O45 is our top seller and my fav)
Round Cling On brushes are idea for narrow and small clean lines. I prefer to use the round when working on edges and trim.
We love the Flat Brush for large flat surfaces, doors, large flat furniture pieces like armoires and desks, our customers seem to like the comfort of a flat brush, but end up with a full toolbox including round, flat, oval and bent!
Care and Usage Tips for your Cling On Brush
- always wet your Cling On Brush before using, this allows the filaments to to absorb the water, not your paint and allows for much easier flow and easier cleaning (we ALL like easier cleaning)
- Keep your brush wet! This takes some getting used to, but, if you can keep a bucket of water next to you when you paint and re wet your brush from time to time. Dab off excess on a paper towel to get the excess water off and continue to paint.
- DO NOT REMOVE THE STRINGS, these will help keep your brushes in tip top shape
- DO NOT wrap your brush in plastic wrap or plastic bag
- To clean, you can put your brush in a jar of water, not up past the ferrule (metal part) try to not let it sit on the bottom of the container. I know, I know, we’ve always been told not to do this, but try it. You will thank me for the ease. Let it rest like this between coats and when you go to use again just take excess water off and paint, to clean, just use water and if you want to keep your brush in tip top shape you can use dawn soap or a good quality brush soap like Revived Vintage Brush Soap.
- Hang your brush to air dry if you can
- You can use a Cling On Brush Keeper to keep all your brushes wet and stored together
- Start planning your next paint project! :)
Are you a RETAILER interested in carrying Cling On! Brushes in your shop?
(You totally should!) We are currently taking applications for retailers. Contact us for more information and we’d be happy to talk to you about retailing them. You and your customers are going to LOVE them!!